Sutton Law Center

What is a Registered Agent (or Resident agent) ?

Each state requires that a registered agent (or resident agent)  be identified and located in the state of incorporation and any states where business is conducted. The registered agent’s job (or resident agent) is to accept service of process (i.e., notice of a lawsuit) and other official notices. Because lawsuits are served on the registered agent (or resident agent) it is important to use a service that is professional, appreciates the importance of such notices and will be in business for the long-term. Our firms’ affiliate provides registered agent (or resident agent) services for $125 per year.

request a consultation

  • MorningAfternoon

Sign Up for Our WeeklyNewsletter

  • captcha